- Explore French culture and how it impacts business
- Understand how to use cultural insights to your advantage
- Succeed in hitting personal and organisational goals
Our France cultural awareness course is designed to meet the needs of anyone working in France or with the French who needs guidance on how to navigate the culture.
- We help executives and their families moving to France avoid “culture shock”
- We help multicultural teams with French members communicate more effectively
- We help managers with French staff improve performances
- We help salespeople pitching or negotiating with the French win deals
No matter how you might be working with the French culture, we can help you.
+10 years’ experience in delivering world-class French culture training to clients across the globe.
Our client is a French financial institution who was undergoing a major restructure. As part of the process a team was being built in Paris that would bring together talent from across its global offices. The team would therefore be newly formed, multicultural and out of their own comfort zones. On top of this they would also need to work according to French values and practices.
We were responsible for rolling out a year’s long series of training courses that included relocation and orientation training for incoming employees, team building workshops, French culture sessions, new management training modules to complement the curriculum and coaching for certain employees on skills such as communication and negotiation.
Insights into French culture: Our Courses
Our courses are not blanket, off-the-shelf courses. We do of course have set courses for the more basic requests but the vast majority of our clients come to us for the consultancy we offer.
We deliver successful courses through careful planning which ensures they meet the unique business needs of our diverse client base.
The nature of our clients’ businesses vary significantly and so too do their training requirements. What is right for one business may not be right for another and, as such, the development of relevant and applicable course material is essential.
Once we know a little about a client’s circumstances we offer solutions and suggestions not only about content and topics, but also in how we deliver the training and who delivers it.
Examples of areas our clients want to explore in cross-cultural courses include:
- The role of French political history in shaping the French business landscape in France
- French regionality, multiculturalism and diversity
- Factual information relating to the French economy, geography and time zones
- French nationality and the importance of adaptation
- Stereotypes of the French
- How does culture impact business?
- Beliefs, culture, values, ethics, customs and national character
- Business in France – features, traditions and ethics
- Interpersonal relations
- Building relationships
- Communication – verbal and non-verbal
- Business & social etiquette and protocol
- Business entertaining
- Sales & negotiations
- Management & leadership
- Preparing for the move
- What to bring?
- French attitudes to foreigners
- The family – raising children, education, holidays
- Public behaviour and etiquette
- Food and drink
- Transport, shopping and entertainment
The topics above are by no means exhaustive; we deal with many niche areas that may not be highlighted above. If you have something specific you want to cover that won't be an issue - just ask.
Convenient Training Deliveryface-to-face
When it comes to how our training is delivered again it really comes down to the client - we will use the best method for you.
This may be the traditional classroom-style training, a webinar, an online tool or a simple coaching session at someone’s desk.
We are able to adapt and blend all manner of learning or delivery styles according to the audience.
Expert Cultural Trainers
All Commisceo trainers are hand picked experts.
Prior to any professional selection criteria we ensure that all our trainers fit with our company culture, our training ethos and our goals.
Once past this stage we look for 4 key strengths:
- Mastery of intercultural communication
- Insider knowledge of a country
- Experience in industry
- Enlightening training style
The trainer you received will be the one best suited for you.
For example, if we are coaching a family moving to Paris then our trainer would be someone who has been through the move themselves and can give first-hand insight.
Enriching Training Style
We want people to leave our courses feeling enriched.
We don't believe we can achieve this unless learners are engaged, switched on, positive and soaking in information.
For us, the two most crucial ingredients in any course are relevance and fun.
- We make sure training is relevant through the time we invest before a course in really understanding what is needed
- We keep it fun by making it all about interactivity, self-exploration and exercises which keep it challenging
Our trainers are at the forefront of training and coaching developments and are constantly introducing and using new methods and techniques.