Our Russia cultural awareness course is perfect for anyone dealing with the country, whether inside it or remotely.
We help all walks of business-life get to grips with the way things work in Russia and how to make sure they enter the marketplace with the right mentality and skill-set.
- Exporters & importers looking for business deals in Russia
- Businesses needing help with multi-cultural team building
- Professionals moving to Russia for work
- Managers with Russian staff
- Brands looking to sell into Russia
No matter who, where or why, we help all our clients gain a critical understanding of the cultural landscape they will find themselves in an how best to carry themselves.
Looking for training on Russia? Look no further!
Case Study - Coaching Local Content
A British company working within electronics had opened an office in Moscow. As part of the global training curriculum for all personnel the company wanted to find a training consultancy that could take their training material, understand it, translate it into Russian and deliver it to their people in Moscow. Three years later and we are now responsible for the localization & delivery of training content across their global locations.
Insights into Russian culture: Courses
What the contents of any given course are completely depends on who we are training.
Once we know a little about a client’s circumstances we offer solutions and suggestions not only about content and topics, but also in how we deliver the training and who delivers it.
Our courses offer you the benefits of a bespoke, tailored training combined with robust, well-researched content.
Examples of Russia-specific courses we have designed recently include:
- Living & Working in Moscow [for foreign expat]
- Leading a Russian team remotely
- Being a Manager in Russia
- Understanding Russian Shopping Habits
- Negotiating with Russians
Examples of topics our clients want to cover in training includes:
» Russia and the West
- Modern history’s influence on cross cultural (mis)perceptions
- Breaking stereotypes
- Theoretical and practical cross cultural models and examples
- Steps to effective cross cultural communication
» Communicating with Russians
- Beliefs, culture, values, ethics, customs and national character
- Interpersonal relations
- Building relationships
- Communication – verbal and non-verbal
- Social etiquette and protocol
» Doing Business in Russia
- Business in Russia – features, traditions and ethics
- Comparative analysis of Russian and Western business practices
- Making appointments Russian business etiquette
- Business entertaining
» Relocating to Russia
- Preparing for the move
- What to bring?
- Russian history, culture and values
- Western perceptions of Russia
- Russian attitudes to foreigners
- The family – raising children, women in public life, education, holidays
- Public behaviour and etiquette
- Food and drink
- Transport, shopping and entertainment
These topics are typical of those covered in a course looking at Russian culture - if there is anything in particular you wanted to cover, this won't be an issue.
Flexible Training Delivery
All our training courses can be delivered in a number of ways: face-to-face e-Learning self-study guides simulations & games mentoring & coaching.
Which format a course will take depends on the client - we are open to any way of training as long as it is effective - this may be traditional face-to-face training in a classroom style environment, a webinar or even a hands-on coaching session.
As well as flexibility in how we deliver the training, we can also deliver our courses in any international location.
First-class Cultural Trainers
All Commisceo trainers are hand picked for their expertise in four key areas:
1 - Deep knowledge of intercultural studies
2 - First-hand knowledge of a country/culture
3 - Experience in industry
4 - Inspiring training style
The trainer you receive will be the one best suited for you.
For example, if we are coaching a family moving to Moscow then our trainer would be someone who has been through the move themselves and can give first-hand insight. Similarly if a manager needs coaching on how to remotely manage manufacturing staff in Russia their coach would be someone who has been there and done it.
Eye-opening Training Style
We want people who attend our courses to leave with their eyes wide open.
We don't believe we can do this unless our training courses engage - this can only come when learning is relevant, fun and enriching.
- We guarantee relevance through a thorough needs analysis.
- We keep it fun by making it all about interactivity & self-exploration.
Our trainers are at the forefront of training and coaching developments and are constantly introducing and using new methods and techniques.
Whether you want a traditional group training course or an elaborate fantasy role-play, we deliver.