Discover Korean Society & Culture: Download our Guide
If you are new to South Korea, moving there to live/work or simply working with Korean colleagues/clients, then our expert guide is designed for you.
This 46-page report will get you up to scratch with the people, the culture, etiquette and everything you need to know about working in or with the Koreans.
For only £4.99 the report can be yours. Simply follow the instructions via Paypal. You will be sent a link to download the PDF.
Please note this offer is only for individual use - if required for an organisation or for distribution, kindly contact us.
What's in the Report?
Here's a look at some of the topics the guide covers:
- Geography and Location of Korea
- Local Time
- Living standards
- Major Industries
- Unemployment rate
- Safety and security
Overview of South Korea
- 20th Century History Overview
- Key events in 21st century
- Major International Organisation Membership
- Economic Development
- International Relations
- Overseas Investment
- Natural Disasters
Cultural Overview of South Korea
- Benefits and Limitations
- Dynamics of British Culture and Korea in Collaboration
- Culture & Society of South Korea
- Family and the spirit of uri (우리)
- Social etiquettes
- Religion and belief
- Images of animals
Stereotypes and preconceptions
- Koreans’ preconceptions towards foreigners
- Hospitality and Xenophobia
Business Etiquette, Customs and Protocol
- Underpinning concepts
- Confucius values
- ‘Face’ or kibun (기분)
- Nunchi (눈치)
- Harmony or inhwa (인화)
- Meeting and greeting
- Business Hierarchy
- Addressing of Korean names
- Business meetings and presentations
- Business process
- Business cards
- Company dinner (회식)
Only £4.99: Grab your copy in seconds!
Our country reports are designed to increase the reader’s awareness of a specific country / culture in order to maximise their potential when working there. Each country profile aims to give a complete picture of the country/ culture starting from a general overview then tackling specifics on how business is conducted.
By imparting the reader with invaluable cultural knowledge this offers an in-depth understanding of how to build interpersonal relationships, promote clearer lines of communication and help minimise misunderstandings. This report is written for a wide audience, and follows a very simple, logical format.
- An introduction to the country, its history, politics, people and culture.
- An understanding of the target country’s values, customs and etiquette and their possible impact on work and social life.
- Tips on preparing to work with new colleagues from the target country.
- An accurate portrayal of daily life in the target destination.
- Guidelines and tools on adapting and dealing with cultural differences.
- Practical information and useful links.
The profile is to be solely used by the purchasing individual or organisation. If materials from this profile are to be used outside of agreed context, Commisceo Global Ltd must be referenced and copyrights respected. Any questions can be emailed.